The Centre will aim to promote positive relationships with:-
- Children and other children
- Professionals and children
- Children and their families
- Professionals and parents and families
- Families and other families
- Management, parents and professionals
- Professionals and colleagues in other services and related disciplines
- The centre and relevant community agencies and organisations
- Children and the broader community
The relationships will support the children to:-
- Feel a sense of belonging
- See themselves as valued, unique and powerful human beings
- Engage in relationships of caring and respect
- Appreciate the effects of communication, collaboration and working together as a means of generating new ideas, making progress, being creative and innovative and solving problems.
These relationships will be life enhancing for every child.
The staff will:
- Be committed to the ongoing implementation of the National Quality agenda, National quality framework and the National Quality standards.
- Be committed to equity and believe in all children’s capabilities to succeed, regardless of diverse circumstances and abilities.
- Create a welcoming environment where all children and families are respected and actively encouraged to collaborate with educators about curriculum decisions in order to ensure that learning experiences are meaningful.
- Embrace the Early Years Learning Framework for the opportunities it offers to children and their families.
- Recognise that diversity contributes to the richness of our society and provides a valid evidence base about ways of knowing, including promoting a greater understanding of
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing and being.
- Respect and work with each child’s unique qualities and abilities.
- Be responsive to all children’s strengths, abilities and interests by valuing and building on children’s strengths, skills and knowledge to ensure their motivation and engagement in learning.
- Promote children’s learning through worthwhile and challenging experiences and interactions that foster high level thinking skills.
Belonging, Being and Becoming. The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia. DEEWR, 2009.
Guide to the national Quality Standard 2011.